Frank Pierce Senior and subsequently Frank Pierce Junior, ran a Motor and Cycle Engineers in the centre of the village (currently ‘Tattenhall News’). Frank Pierce Senior originated from Christleton and in the 1911 Census his occupation was listed as ‘Fishmonger’. He lived with his wife Emma Pierce and their young son, Frank Zackery Pierce, on Church Bank, Tattenhall. At some point, Frank Pierce Senior took up the shop which was located immediately next to Mary Stoneley’s Grocery Store and Tobacconist. It was possible to hire ‘open’ and ‘closed’ taxis from this location. The remarkable images below demonstrate the significant changes that have taken place on Tattenhall High Street.
Below is an image of the types of vehicle that could be hired from Frank Pierce. This group of cars is parked outside ‘The Nine Houses’. Interestingly the cast iron finger post points to ‘Tattenhall Road Station’, long since closed.